According to SCMP, as of January 26, the world has recorded 2222 cases of Corona virus, of which 56 have died. In mainland China alone, 1,975 people have been infected, Hong Kong, Macao have 5 cases, Taiwan 3 cases.
The remaining countries in Asia detected 24 cases of infection, scattered in countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, Singapore … Europe, North America appeared 3 cases, Australia appeared. 4 cases.
Statistics on January 26 of SCMP: There were 2,022 cases of Corona virus infection in the world, 56 deaths.
While the SARS pandemic took 4 months to infect 1,000 people, the Corona virus (nCoV) took only 25 days to do this. In just over a day from January 24-26, the number of people infected with the Corona virus doubled, FoxNews estimated. This shows the rapid spread and the extent of its danger to humans.
Commenting on this, Dr. Tran Quoc Khanh, Viet Duc Friendship Hospital, said: “The risk of an outbreak of a pandemic more serious than SARS 17 years ago is gradually becoming a reality …”.
The number of patients infected and dying from Corona virus infection increases hourly, minute by minute. (Photo: AFP)
So with the people, what should we keep in mind?
Here are things that people need to note in this moment shared by Dr. Khanh:
first. Keep your body warm, keep personal hygiene, wash your hands often with soap, gargle with antiseptic mouthwash before going to bed, after waking up as well as before and after coming into contact with the densely populated community. prevent infection. Everyone should bring a quick hand sanitizer with them.
2. Despite the Tet holiday, it is also advisable to refrain from attending crowded events, especially in areas where people infected with the Corona virus have traveled.
3. All returnees from Wuhan City (Hubei City, China) or other Chinese provinces and cities that are currently experiencing outbreaks or have close contact with people with the acute respiratory infection caused by the Corona virus in Within 14 days, if signs of fever, cough, shortness of breath occur, the nearest medical facility must be consulted, examined and treated promptly.
4. Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with paper and place them in the trash to reduce the spread of respiratory secretions.
5. Limit contact with dogs, cats and other pets, limit access to zoos. Meats and eggs need to be well cooked.
6. Drink plenty of water, increase your intake of fruits such as oranges, grapefruit, lemons and fruits high in vitamin C or use multivitamin tablets.
7. Maintain daily exercise to improve resistance.
At about 10:30 am on January 26, the 115 Emergency Center in Ho Chi Minh City received a call from the press in case the 16-year-old girl and Taiwanese were vomiting, fainting at a coffee shop at the intersection of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai – Nam Ky Khoi Nghia (Ho Chi Minh City), suspected of being infected with Corona virus (nCoV). (Image: Facebook)
8. Anyone with signs of fever (thermocouple above 38 degrees C), cough, chest tightness, shortness of breath, aching joints … needs to be isolated from relatives and friends right away (in a private room, should not go out and contact with people). Wear a facemask, drink plenty of fluids, take anti-influenza painkillers (such as Tylenol, Dayquil, Nightquil, Ibuprofen …) as well as increase your eating habits to control and treat symptoms. In parallel, it is advisable immediately to the nearest health agency for advice.
9. Anyone, where … when detecting a suspected patient (fever, cough, shortness of breath, aching joints) needs information to health authorities, local authorities to monitor, handle, cope with, prevent outbreaks and spread.
ten. Each person should get vaccinated every year to prevent influenza strains.
“Although the holidays, but the disease is not … holiday. What you can do is always done (buy a handkerchief, take vitamins, exercise, keep warm, limit contact with crowded places, cover your mouth carefully when coughing …)”, Dr. Khanh emphasized.
In order to proactively prevent acute respiratory infections caused by nCoV in accordance with the evolution of the epidemic situation, the Ministry of Health recommends that people and the community to well implement the following measures:
1. Limit direct contact with people with acute respiratory infections; When necessary contact with sick people must wear a medical mask properly and keep a distance when exposed.
2. Keep warm, personal hygiene, wash your hands often with soap, mouthwash with mouthwash to prevent pneumonia.
3. Need to cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, preferably with a cloth or handkerchief to reduce the spread of respiratory secretions.
4. Persons returning from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, or other Chinese provinces / cities that are currently experiencing outbreaks or have close contact with people with nCoV acute respiratory infections 14 days if signs of fever, cough, shortness of breath are needed, immediately go to the nearest medical facility for timely consultation, examination and treatment.
5. When detecting epidemics, it is necessary to inform health agencies and local administrations for monitoring, handling and coping with epidemics so that epidemics do not break out or spread.