Originally, Exodia was an evil monster with a terrible power to destroy everything. In order to counter Exodia, the other gods subdued and decided to divide his body into 5 parts: Head and 2 arms, 2 legs. But that was not enough, they also had to put enchantments on these parts of the body and push them into another dimension that no one could find and free for this terrible monster. Gradually, no one remembered the name Exodia anymore. That was the reason for the birth of Exodia, The Forbidden One.
The world is rumored that if anyone can find and converge all 5 parts of Exodia’s body, that person will unleash the terrible power of this monster. Many people believe that this is similar to one of the ancient Egyptian legends about the god Osiris.
Legend has it that Osiris was the god who governed the souls of the dead, at the same time as the god of plants, the guardian of life and the one who raised the Nile water every year in Egypt. Osiris and his wife (also his younger sister) Isis are two of the nine highest gods in the Egyptian divine system and are popular with the people. However, Osiris’s younger brother, Seth, was jealous and jealous of his brother and cut Osiris’s body into 14 pieces, tossing everywhere.
With the help of many other gods, Isis found pieces of her husband’s body (except for the genitals, which she later replaced with timber) and then applied healing powers and miracles to revive her husband. . The two had a son, Horus, the King of Pharaohs. Later, Horus was the one who chased the evil god Seth and restored his father’s throne. However, Orisis decided to abandon the world, become the god of the dead, and take control of the dead in hell. That is also why Exodia’s appearance resembles the Egyptian Pharaohs.
Before being summoned by Yugi, the chained power god Exodia was used by Shimon, also known as Siamun Muran, one of Pharaoh Akhenamkhanen’s guardians. In the battle against the dark lord Zork Necrophidius, Shimon summoned Exodia in hopes of overcoming Zork.
However, Shimon and Exodia failed. The reason is because Exodia only receives energy from a mortal, Shimon. While Zork possesses abundant and eternal energy of darkness.
1. In the international versions, the background of the shackled Power cards is circular. While in the Japanese version, the cards are stars.
2. A set of 5 Exodia cards, a sheathed power consisting of 5 cards corresponding to the five parts of this god: Head, 2 arms and 2 legs. However, the body is missing. So if you put these 5 cards together, you will get a god with a weird body.
3. In Yugi there is a magical card that describes the ritual of summoning Exodia, the god of power is chained. That’s the Contract of Exodia: If you own 5 cards “Exodia the Forbidden One”, “Right Arm of the Forbidden One”, “Left Arm of the Forbidden One”, “Right Leg of the Forbidden One”, and “Left Leg of the Forbidden One” under Graveyard’s grave, you can summon Exodia Necross.
In addition, this image of the power god is also featured in the Artwork of the Exchange and Damaging Hand cards.
4. In the Bandai version, the “Exodia the Forbidden One” card has a level of 8 stars while in the Konami version, this card has a 3-star version only.
5. This is the first card that allows a player to win a game.
6. “Exodia the Forbidden One” is the first card to have an Effect. Then there are 4 more cards: Armed Ninja, Man-Eater Bug, Hane Hane and Reaper of the Cards.