It’s hard not to love a game that brings a fresh breeze to the boring old gaming scene. However, people have different ideas about PUBG Mobile is inevitable. Is this a Chinese application? Let’s learn about the owner history of the game PUBG Mobile.
PUBG Mobile is currently the largest game in the Battle Royale genre on mobile devices
We all know that pleasing everyone is one of the impossible tasks. Each person has his own opinion and all should respect that. While some fans of the Battle Royale game abound, others may have a different idea. They accuse PUBG Mobile of provoking violence, causing great addiction and juvenile crime. Following an insecure scandal involving user information, the application is on the verge of being completely banned. Not stopping there, a few even call it a Chinese app, without knowing who is the true owner of the PUBG Mobile game.
Before we dive deeper into this topic, let’s learn the basics of the famous game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). It was first released on December 20, 2017, by a Korean company – PUBG Corporation, a subsidiary of Bluehole. It is also the name of the owner of the PUBG Mobile game. This online multiplayer Battle Royale game is available on multiple platforms. Initially, the game only supported Microsoft Windows, then it gradually turned towards consoles. PUBG can now be played on Xbox One, Google Stadia, as well as PlayStation 4.
Bluehole officially released PUBG in 2017
PUBG has grown so fast that it even surpassed the League of Legends in the number of players in 2017. Hundreds of thousands of people then millions began to create one of the most prosperous gaming communities in the world. world have ever seen. Witnessing the potential of this game, PUBG Corporation has teamed up with technology giant – Tencent Games to develop a mobile version. After a long wait, it was officially released in 2018 to the global server. That’s why you see the Tencent Games logo appear when downloading games. They are the developers, not the real owners of PUBG Mobile games.
The true owner of the PUBG Mobile mobile game?
The journey to find the name of the owner of the PUBG Mobile game takes us to Korea. The company that developed and published the original game is actually Ginno Games – now known as PUBG Corporation. It is an internal studio of the game company Bluehole – a subsidiary of Krafton Game Union. This Seongnam-based company owns many subsidiaries outside of Bluehole. These include PUBG Corporation, En Masse Studio, Pnix and Delusion Studio.
PUBG Mobile is not entirely Chinese
Why are people confused about the true owner of the PUBG Mobile mobile game?
Turns out, Chinese tech giant Tencent Games has a 1.5% stake in Bluehole Studio. Tencent tried to increase its stake in the developer PUBG but failed. After PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was banned by the Chinese Government in 2017, Bluehole didn’t want to miss such a huge market. Therefore, it embarked with Tencent Games, who promised to bring PUBG into China as a mobile game. That kicked off the development of PUBG Mobile and explained why we see the Tencent logo in the game.
Players can ask why the Tencent logo is in the game
Truth about the Owner of PUBG Mobile mobile game?
Now we know who is the owner of the game PUBG Mobile. But I find it necessary to give you some information about the company. These little facts may or may not surprise you, but they will certainly bring a better perspective to the gaming company PUBG Mobile. If you don’t want any more trouble, check out the following facts:
• # 1 PUBG was originally developed by PUBG Corporation, formerly known as Ginno Games.
• # 2 PUBG Corporation – Bluehole Studio and some other subsidiaries belong to Krafton Game Union based in Bundang-gu, Seongnam, South Korea. It is PUBG Mobile game company.
• # 3 Delusion Studio, a subsidiary of Bluehole, is the developer of the famous Castle Bum game.
• # 4 Tencent Games has the second highest stake in Bluehole Studio. However, despite being the second highest, it is only 1.5%.
• # 5 PUBG Mobile stems from a past incident. When China banned PUBG games on PCs in 2017, Tencent managed to bring it back to market. That is the beginning of PUBG Mobile game history now.
• # 6 Bluehole Studio is not the only game studio Tencent invests in. Tencent has an 81.4% stake in Supercell, the Finnish developer behind Clash of Titans and Clash Royale. Tencent also holds 48% of Epic Games and 5% of Ubisoft.
• # 7 Under China’s censorship laws, PUBG Mobile cannot be distributed in this country due to violence and blood. Therefore, Tencent had to delete that part and rename the game to Game for Peace (和平 游戏).
• # 8 The creator or we can say that the founder of PUBG Mobile game is Brendan “PlayerUnknown” Greene.
PUBG Mobile is Tencent’s solution for the Chinese market
PUBG Mobile may soon be banned in India, which is not new to everyone. The Battle Royale game escaped the first decision-making, but in the second it was not so lucky. Now, PUBG Mobile is on the list of 275 Chinese-owned applications monitored by the Indian Government. They are under investigation for user privacy violations and posing national threats. Following a ban of 59 other apps earlier this year, including popular social media TikTok, this is the second in India’s attempt to wipe Chinese apps out of the country. This is a dark era in PUBG Mobile game history in India.
India investigated PUBG Mobile because it was in danger of stealing users’ personal information
Is the owner of Korean PUBG Mobile game related? This is a difficult question to solve. May or may not. There is currently no definite answer I can give you. All we know is that Bluehole and PUBG Corporation have teamed up with Tencent Games to make a mobile version – thanks to the vast experience of the Chinese tech giant in this area. Perhaps we should leave the answer to the founder of PUBG Mobile game and find out later.