As you all know, Qualcomm has just released a new SoC (System On Chip), called Snapdragon 888 and of course it will be equipped on Android flagship models this year.
So in this article, let’s find out what the Snapdragon 888 has to stand out to be able to “fight” the stubborn competitors like Exynos, Apple or Huawei Kirin this year!
#first. Specifications of the Snapdragon 888 chip
Yes ! This chipset will have:
- 8 CPU cores: including 1 Cortex X1 2.84GHz, 3 Cortex A78 2.4GHz, 4 Cortex A55 1.8GHz, Kyro 680 core.
- Adreno 660 GPU
- Hexagon 780 AI processor
- 2nd generation Qualcomm sensor center
- 5G X60 modem
- Qualcomm Spectra 580 image data processor
- Manufacturing on 5nm process, and 64 bit architecture.
- There are also a few other hardware specifications.
#2. Features of Snapdragon 888
A question that a lot of people are interested in is: what capabilities will the Snapdragon 888 bring to the Android flagship 2021? I will pay to sum up the following information:
2.1. In terms of performance
- Cortex X1 Core for higher performance than Cortex A78, while still able to save battery with big.LITTLE technology with 4 Cortex A55 cores.
- Kyro 680 core will help save 25% more battery and 25% higher performance
- Adreno 660 GPU provides 35% more graphics processing power and 30% more battery saving than its predecessor.
2.2. About who
The leap forward in artificial intelligence technology with larger memory, higher efficiency and extremely long standby times under certain circumstances.
2.3. About 5G technology
- 5G supports 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz bands, SA and NSA mode, FDD, TDD.
- Supports upload speeds up to 3Gbps and download speeds up to 7.5Gbps
- Support mobile signal from 4G and below and 5G support on multi-sim.
2.4. About the camera
- 3 14bit image data processor.
- 200MP photos with no shutter lag.
- Supports 3 cameras with 28MP resolution at 30 fps with no shutter lag.
- Supports 64MP and 25MP cameras at 30fps with no shutter lag.
- Support single 84MP camera at 30fps with no shutter lag.
- Supports BT.2020 color range for shooting and recording.
- Supports 10bit color range for capturing and recording.
- Supports 4K video recording at 60 fps.
- Support 4K video recording and 64MP photo capture.
- Support 4K video recording to delete fonts.
- Supports 8K video recording at 30 fps.
- Supports Super Slow motion 960 fps at 720P resolution.
- Supports multi-frame image stabilization.
- Supports multi-frame noise reduction.
- Auto metering and AI focus.
- Improve hardware facial recognition with AI deep learning algorithm.
2.5. About sound
- Improve your voice assistant’s listening comprehension ability.
- Improved audio bias and noise cancellation.
- The “golden ears” filter.
2.6. About display
- 4K support at 60Hz
- Supports QHD + at 144Hz
- External displays support up to 4K 60 fps
- Support BT.2020, HDR10 and HDR10 +
2.7. About graphics
- Supported APIs: OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 FP, Vulkan 1.1
- Supports HDR gaming with 10bit BT.2020 color range.
- Render based on physics.
- Regarding positioning, security, charging and memory, it is still the same, guys, I do not say any more.
# 3. What is the problem with the Snapdragon 888 chip?
Thus, shortly after the announcement of the Snapdragon 888 chip, Xiaomi Mi 11 Has brought this chip to the user, but there have been many problems, such as:
1 / This is a chip that is invested in a lot of performance compared to its predecessor, with a 5nm process, a super high-clocked CPU core, Kyro 680 core and Adreno 660 GPU to increase performance quite strongly, the difference the performance of the Snapdragon 888 compared with Snapdragon 865 is something to be seen clearly.
According to some sites that have tested, the stability and processing of this chip is really respectable for most popular games, but not with Genshin Impact.
Its stability is even lower than the Snapdragon 865 in this game. Well, it takes time for developers to optimize, right?
2 / Next problem: Big.LITTLE is better, CPU core saves more battery, GPU saves battery more, AI saves battery, but Xiaomi Mi 11 consumes the battery in a terrible way: almost 2 times. compared to the Mi 10 running Snapdragon 865.
3.And the biggest problem: the Snapdragon 888 heats up too quickly. It quickly reaches a heat level of approximately 50oC after a short time playing the game in the cold weather just over 10 degrees in the North of our country as at the present time.
So what is the main reason? I will talk about my own opinion in another article. And in this article, you just need to know that it’s hot to play.
Xiaomi has declared “eating” the first batch with a million chips, so the slower companies will release the device later, because of that, right now, there can be no other machine to compare. .
But the good news is that Samsung and Vivo will soon launch flagship models running these Snapdragon 888 chips. We need to have more machines from other brands to see who the error is, right?
# 4. Conclude
Okay, above are the latest innovations and technologies that are equipped by Qualcomm on the Snapdragon 888 chip.
In short, this is Qualcomm’s first chip to be built on a 5nm process, a bit slower than Kirin and Apple, but at least faster than Exynos and MediaTek.
The chip is heavily aimed at performance and graphics capabilities, while also delivering upgrades in connectivity, AI and photography.
This is expected to be an equally powerful chip Apple A14 When both chips this year have had the same start with this new architecture, or so I think ◔◡◔
How do you feel about this chip? Feel free to leave your comments in the comments section below!