In the face of dangerous spread of corona virus, the use of masks when going out and in contact with people is a method of preventing infection being encouraged by specialists. However, the current Vietnamese market is popularizing many types of masks with different prices. Is an expensive mask really more effective against viruses than regular ones introduced by many sellers?
Let’s find out through the pros and cons of the common masks on the market today to know which ones to choose to best protect yourself and your family.
Medical mask (35k – 250k / box of 50 pieces)
– Considered as “liquid barrier” has the effect of absorbing the user’s secretions.
– Easy to wear, easy to breathe.
– Good price.
N95 mask (25k – 58k / item)
– Thick film filters can prevent 95% of microscopic particles of at least 0.3 microns in size.
– Difficult to use, causing shortness of breath (if you feel comfortable breathing, you have worn the wrong way).
– High price.
Paper masks (25k – 30k / box of 20 pieces)
– Without AKA filter, it is completely useless in preventing corona virus.
– Only filter out coarse dust.
– Very cheap price, can be confused with medical masks.
Pitta mask (40k – 60k / item)
– Effective in filtering pollen and dirt.
– Low virus resistance.
– Has the ability to fight against all substances harmful to health, including toxic gases.
– Aesthetics are not high (it looks like a terrorist).
– Very high price, difficult to use, makes breathing difficult.
* It is wise to choose a suitable and effective mask
Among the above masks is common in Vietnam today but it makes many people confused, it is the medical mask and N95 mask. Medical masks are familiar, but are they sufficient to prevent Corona virus? The N95 respirator has a much higher price, but is it more effective?
Talking about this issue, the World Health Organization WHO also warned that: “Using a mask incorrectly can increase the risk of infection instead of reducing the risk”.
As mentioned above, the N95 mask is being targeted by many people because of its ability to filter up to 95% of microscopic particles and especially the seller’s loud advertisement about corona virus protection.
However, many consumers are still afraid because the cost of this mask is much more expensive than medical masks. In addition, according to health experts, this type of mask is difficult to use, causes inconvenience due to breathing difficulties and if used in the wrong way, it may even be more counterproductive.
In addition, on January 22, the Ministry of Health of Singapore also called on people to buy medical masks instead of N95 masks, because medical masks are said to be more effective and more affordable in Wuhan virus epidemic situation is spreading. In addition, according to The Straits Times, “Medical masks are designed to prevent large particles and splashing into the respiratory tract of the wearer. It also reduces the ability of saliva and respiratory secretions. wearer’s contact with other people “.
Therefore, in conclusion, according to both Vietnamese and international experts, medical masks are still effective in preventing the spread of corona virus and due to their low cost, it is still an appropriate choice. more practical than in the present situation, instead of buying an expensive, difficult-to-use N95 mask, the effect is equivalent.
However, everyone should also pay attention to choosing a standard medical mask, manufactured by reputable units to avoid confusion with paper masks that only filter dirt so effective against viral infection. high.
Source (Source): Mustsharenews