As you all know, Hulk Includes 6 different personalities. And among them, World War Hulk or the character of Green Scar can be said to be one of the most famous personalities, as well as one of the most famous Hulk versions of all time.
In the latest developments of the IMMORTAL HULK series, we have witnessed the fight between Hulk and Xemnu, who used hypnosis to trick the world that he was the Hulk.
If you remember, Xemnu is an alien monster with a body made of machines. In the past, Xemnu once became an Earth TV star to kidnap children to his world, but the Hulk defeated him to stop this conspiracy. On the latest return, Xemnu used the game again and caused the characters inside the Hulk’s mind to become chaotic.
Thought as missing, but The World War Hulk / Green Scar then suddenly returns and captures Immortal Hulk / Devil Hulk inside Bruce Banner’s mind. Afterwards, World War Hulk helped Savage Hulk escape to defeat Xemnu with just one punch. Even so, that doesn’t mean he’s a good person, he’s just taking advantage of the remaining traits.
First of all, if you notice, the IMMORTAL HULK # 33 collection this week is the Hulk’s 750th volume since it was created by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby to date. Perhaps this is why the commemorative book series features quite a few special details, including turning the Green Scar AKA World War Hulk, one of the “good” Hulk personalities into a bad guy.
1. First, if you remember, in the recent IMMORTAL HULK # 26, Green Scar is considered one of the “heroic” Hulk personalities alongside Professor Hulk.
2. In the newly released IMMORTAL HULK # 33, readers witness the conversation between the two characters Green Scar with Savage Hulk inside the mind of Bruce Banner. Here, the Savage Hulk always says that he smells a “strange smell.” So what exactly did the Savage Hulk smell?
It is the smell of a liar, as the Devil Hulk asserted from the beginning of the IMMORTAL HULK series (“I can smell a liar”), but since it is the Savage Hulk with the mind of a young boy, I only know this is ” strange smell.” Combined with what happens in IMMORTAL HULK # 33, this “strange smell” is definitely coming from … Green Scar.
The Devil Hulk smells a lie, and thinks it comes from Thomas Edward Hill. But after that, we all knew what he said was true.
3. The Devil Hulk is currently being held and tortured by Green Scar inside Bruce’s mind. But the Savage Hulk said that the Devil Hulk was very good to him, so he later held a chain to free the Devil Hulk causing a broken link.
Realizing this, Green Scar was panicked and with his mind alone, he made this crack … heal soon after.
4. Afterwards, the two meet Joe Fixit. Here, the Savage Hulk tells that he smells something wrong and is about to free Joe, but Green Scar once again stops him from doing so. Although Green Scar helped Hulk escape to defeat Xemnu, that doesn’t mean he’s a good person.
5. Back at the beginning of this volume, you’ll see a quote from the German philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach, “I would rather be a devil in alliance with truth, than an angel in alliance with falsehood.” (roughly translated: “I’d rather be a devil to follow the truth, than to be an angel complicit with deceit.”)
This is probably a direct reminder of the relationship between Devil Hulk and Green Scar in IMMORTAL HULK. Below is a scene of “false angel” Green Scar torturing the “true demon” Devil Hulk in Bruce’s mind.
Conclusion: Green Scar AKA World War Hulk is slowly becoming a villain and wants to take advantage of both Savage Hulk and Bruce Banner, so he must disable the remaining two smart personality of Hulk: Devil Hulk and Joe Fixit. Because of this, the Devil Hulk will be forced to persuade Banner to cooperate in order to flip the deal and defeat Green Scar.