Sometimes you want to share your exact location with friends or relatives, so they can find you. So what if even you don’t know where your street number is? Don’t worry, because Google Maps has a special feature called “Plus Code,” which can help you solve this problem.
Plus Code is like a way to locate using the longitude and latitude of the Google Maps application. Thus, even if you stand in the middle of a field or a campsite, Google Maps can identify your location without address.
For example, you can copy and type the code P2X7 + 9Q New York into the Google Search search bar, the address bar in the Chrome browser or the Google Maps application. You will find the exact address of the Empire State Building in New York, in all 3 applications.
Plus Code in Google Maps app on Android.
To be able to find the Plus Code for the current location where you are, you can follow these steps on Android smartphones:
– First, open the Google Maps application on an Android smartphone.
– Touch the blue dot on the map, which symbolizes your current location.
– Plus Code will display right on the top of the phone screen.
– You can share this code with anyone.
I- If you are moving to a different address, you can click the Share Location button.
Plus Code in Google Maps app on iPhone.
If you use an iPhone, you can follow these steps:
– Open the Google Maps application on iPhone.
– Touch and hold a few blue dots on the map where your current location is, a red pin will appear.
– Google Maps will display a small pop-up window at the bottom of the screen, showing your current location.
– Pull up this pop-up window, you will see 6 characters of Plus Code in the 2nd line.
– Click and the Plus Code characters will be copied, then you can send it to a friend or relative.
Google says that about 25% of places on Earth do not have an exact address or are hard to find. That’s why Google developed this Plus Code feature in 2015. Google also said that the Plus Code feature is especially useful in emergencies, when you get lost in the woods or have an accident to call someone. to the rescue. Thanks to the Plus Code, all locations on Earth can be accurately identified.
Reference: Phone Arena