More than a day after the massive explosion in Lebanon shook all over the capital Beirut and the entire region, many residents were not completely shocked at the ruined scene of ruins, houses and vehicles. severely damaged by the destructive power of the explosion.
Sputnik quoted a Lebanese official as saying: “Welding sparks led to the burning of explosives in the warehouse and the ensuing explosion caused a total explosion of 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate, equivalent to the destructive power of about 1,800 tons of powerful explosives. TNT “.
A witness, who asked not to be named, said she was shocked when she saw a giant mushroom-shaped pillar of smoke rising into the skies of Beirut after a bang, a landslide near the harbor. She rushed out onto the street, not understanding what happened.
She heard the screams of many people and caught the eye of the wounded standing, sitting, lying on the street, with people with wounds, running and calling for help.
After the deadly explosion, still many Beirut citizens are trapped in the rubble due to the collapse of many structures.
The cause of the explosion has not been completely determined, only known at the port of Beirut contains about 2,750 tons of Ammonium Nitrate, an extremely dangerous chemical used to make explosives and fertilizers.
Overview of a deadly explosion in Beirut, Lebanon as of 8:00 am this morning, August 6, 2020, Vietnam time:
– The explosion occurred at 6:07 p.m. on August 4 local time near the port of Beirut and the central district of the city, near the bustling tourist area and office buildings. Popular sightseeing spots suddenly became the most heavily affected areas;
– Many houses and structures within a radius of 10km (6 miles) from the center of the shockwave were completely destroyed. The tremor was recorded in Cyprus, about 240 km (150 miles) from the scene, the aftershock measured to a intensity of 3.3 Richter;
– At least 135 people died and more than 5,000 were injured;
– About 300,000 people were left homeless;
– The total physical damage can be up to 10 to 15 billion USD, many times higher than the figure from 3 to 5 billion USD announced earlier.
– The international community is urgently assisting Lebanon to help the injured. At least four field hospitals are being deployed to Beirut, including one in Russia, one for Iraq, and two from Qatar.
Russia has released a satellite image of the Lebanese city of Beirut showing the aftermath of the shocking explosion.
The Russian State Group Roscosmos shared satellite images taken before and after the fatal explosion that destroyed more than half of the Lebanese capital city.
The photos above are taken by Russian satellite Canopus-B flying in orbit.
Satellite images taken by Russia before (above) and after (below) the Beirut port area, Lebanon. 500m from the center of the explosion (red circle) was the area of near complete destruction.
The explosion made a huge and very deep hole in the center of the port with a diameter of about 150m. Nearly all buildings, structures and treasures within a radius of 500 meters from the center of the explosion were completely destroyed, and buildings further away were also severely damaged.
In addition to Russia’s Roscosmos, Israel’s international satellite image service ISI has just announced more, but the satellite image is much clearer.
The red circled area is almost completely destroyed
Photos before (left) and after the explosion.
The ORIENT QUEEN Yacht, which capsized due to the explosion.
Weapons “Made in Vietnam” exported: Great introduction – Great prospect
The Army modernized, and T-90 tanks were a series of “Made in Vietnam” weapons
According to the calculations of scientists, the explosion at the port of Berut has the destructive power equivalent to a 4.5-magnitude earthquake and has a devastating radius of up to 15 miles (24km), the farther away it is, the less the shock wave is. damage, but most of the buildings in this area have broken glass.
The graphic below shows the red area – the center of the explosion, all buildings were completely destroyed; magenta – very heavily affected areas and light red areas where damage has been reported, but lighter than the 2 areas closest to the center of an explosion.
Destroyed radius of explosion at the port of Beirut, Lebanon.
Some pictures after the explosion showed that most of the structures near the center were completely destroyed. Very terrible.
The structures in the area near the center of the explosion were almost completely destroyed.