The multi-purpose screwdrivers are thought only for electronics repairmen, but in fact, many brothers buy them to “play around” because they simply like to disassemble everyday items.
The versatile screwdrivers like the Xiaomi Duka RS1 are a “treasure” dish for boys who love to machine.
As you may know, these small multi-function tools are collectively referred to as EDC, short for EveryDay Carry – Everyday Carry. In addition to screwdrivers, there are also multi-purpose pocket knives, mini-flashlights … If broader, EDC also includes keys, phones, backup batteries … because they are also carried daily and also versatile. again.
Experience the Xiaomi Duka RS1 multifunctional screwdriver
This is actually not Xiaomi’s most popular multi-purpose screwdriver. The company also has another type, Mijia Wiha, with a compact and completely different design.
The Duka RS1 screwdrivers are larger and heavier so they are not as maneuverable, but in return there are many more interesting features such as removable screwdrivers, assembled into many different shapes and magnet pads to hold screws. on the lid.
This Duka RS1 screwdriver set has 24 different screw heads.
Everything is magnetized into the box so you can’t drop it.
The size of the box is not very small but can be carried in a bag, even in the back pocket of the pants.
In addition to the screw head set, the body is also designed differently from other kits.
On top of the box is a magnetic sponge to hold the screws.
Thanks to the small segmented design, you can join together into many shapes for different purposes.
The screwdriver body can be extended to more than 10cm, or the most convenient is assembled into a T-shape to screw the screw faster.
This main connector has a small lever, left and right to direct the rotation of the screwdriver.
Swipe to the left, the screwdrivers only rotate to the left and vice versa.
If you like to play around, disassemble phones or electronics, this screw set can meet about 80 – 90% of the demand.
Xiaomi Duka RS1 possesses 24 screws with different shapes and sizes. It sounds like a lot, but after trying to take out a phone, we still feel a lack. This kit is able to screw 90% of the screws inside the HTC device, the other 10% are normal four-sided screws, but too small and cannot be screwed with any screws in the kit. .
Twenty-four screw heads, but it turns out not so much.
We tried removing a broken phone with this set of screws.
Most 5-sided and 6-sided screws are removable. But there are some 4-sided numbers (plus sign) that are not the correct size so they cannot be removed.
The beauty of the Duka RS1 is the body of a 4-piece screwdriver, which is assembled into a T-shape to make it much easier to screw than usual. In addition, these 4 pieces can be assembled into a piece up to about 15cm long, easy to screw up the screws deep inside the appliance.
As a result, the Duka RS1 screwdriver still completes the task of disassembling the components of the phone, but leaves 3 plus screws because the size is too small.
Is it worth the money?
With a price of less than 300,000 VND, this is not a bad investment for a toy and repair tool. Anyone who likes “curious machines”, disassembling electronics should experience it for fun, just relieve stress, but when needed, immediately.
However, if the repair needs are more, for example, you like to take out your phone, you should consider buying other sets with more screw heads and comes with removable tools for phone repair .