Today (November 6), Apple has just officially released iOS 14.2 – the second major update of the operating system iOS 14, nearly 2 months after its release on September 16. The company also released iPadOS 14.2 and iOS 12.4.9 for older devices.
Overall, iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 are relatively important updates, bringing a host of new changes and features. Apple has added more than 100 new emojis, 16 new wallpapers, and supports the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini expected to hit shelves next week.
In addition, this update also comes with a redesigned lock screen music player interface, adding a Shazam feature that helps users identify song and artist titles right from the Control Center. ).
New music player interface in Lock screen
Shazam feature recognizes song and artist titles
iOS 14.2 also brings optimized charging for AirPods and AirPods Pro. This feature is designed to reduce battery aging and prolong the battery life of the AirPods. That means iOS 14.2 will learn from your daily AirPods charging habits, make predictions about charging times, and wait until you’re almost unplugged to fully charge the battery capacity.
Here are the new features in iOS 14.2:
– 8 new wallpapers in both light and dark versions
Magnifier can detect nearby people and calculate their distance with the LiDAR sensor on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– MagSafe holster support for iPhone 12
– Optimized charging for AirPods to reduce aging by reducing the time it takes to fully charge the AirPods
– Support intercom with HomePod and HomePod mini using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods and CarPlay
– Allows HomePod connection to Apple TV 4K for surround sound, stereo and Dolby Atmos
New icons added to iOS 14.2
iOS 14.2 also fixes the following issues:
– The screen only displays black when the camera app is opened
– Keyboards in the Lock Screen may not receive enough touch gestures when the user enters the passcode
– The default reminder is set to a time period in the past
– The photo widget does not show content
– Weather widget displays the highest temperature in degrees Celsius, even though it is set to Fahrenheit
– Weather app’s next hour’s rainfall depiction graph may incorrectly report when it stops raining
– The recording app is disabled when there is an incoming call
– The screen only shows black when playing videos on Netflix
The Apple Watch app can suddenly close when the user opens it
– GPS route syncing error, Health data between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users
– Failure for wireless charging
– Contact notification is disabled when restoring iPhone from iCloud Backup or when moving data to a new iPhone using iPhone Migration software
New iOS 14.2 Wallpaper
To update to the latest version, you need to go to Settings> General> Software Update.
Note that before updating to the latest iOS or iPadOS version, users should connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer, then open iTunes and backup all the data on the device to minimize the problems. Unexpected attempts can happen.